Follow us! Follow us!

The New York Times: at least 434 people in Iraq since the U.

From Reputable News Sources

The New York Times: at least 434 people in Iraq since the U.

Unread postby admin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:33 am

The New York Times: at least 434 people in Iraq since the U.S. withdrawal

28/01/2012 13:46
Erbil, January 28 (Rn) - killed 434 people in Iraq since the withdrawal of United States military forces from the country in the middle of December last, sporadic attacks across the country, according to Iraqi security officials, the highest death toll for such a period of time during past few years. According to the American newspaper New York Times today. According to statistics compiled by the Ministry of the Interior, the outcome of the murder last month were higher than all months except for one month last year. The average number of deaths per day since the withdrawal, about 11 people, while the average number of deaths per day during the past year, 9 people. The newspaper said the attacks, which mainly targeted Shi'ites, have raised questions about whether al-Qaeda in Iraq has regained its position following the contraction in large in 2008. In the statements recently published on its website, said the armed group she turned her attention to those who have close links with Iran, particularly the Shiites in Iraq, in an attempt to keep Iranian influence in Iraq after U.S. withdrawal. Although massacres, the senior security officials, Iraqis say that their war against the rebels were successful more and more. The Deputy Minister of the Interior older Adnan al-Asadi, said in an interview with The New York Times, "Americans in Iraq have made ​​the fight against al-Qaeda more difficult, and it has become better after their departure." "They were slowing our operations, sometimes we are capturing a bad man, but they they interfere and say this is our man, and release him. The United States has provided extensive support for the Iraqi security forces in counter-terrorism operations against al Qaeda, including the movement by helicopter in several raids to arrest gunmen. Asadi said that "Although we no longer have such assistance, but the base had received a number of strikes, and we were able to capture a large number of its leaders." "We hit them hard and we are arresting large numbers of them every day, sometimes up to 50 people days. " And on the recent wave of attacks, said Asadi, it was "just to prove they are still here." The attack took place on Amsr Friday at about 11 am, killing dozens of people after a car bomb driven by a suicide bomber on a funeral procession "to Ngsilaa "Before the burial. He Abohasin the man who was part of the procession, "There was a lot of officers in the funeral procession," adding, "There were many women and children burned." Munzer Abbas, 32, who was wounded in the arm and head, was selling cigarettes in the street when the explosion occurred, said that "the explosion occurred and I flew in the air right", adding "I did not see the thick smoke, I could not see who was next to me and then you hear the voices of the wounded and sirens rescue, and later I saw myself in the The field was full of my body covered with blood. " With 20 people were killed across Iraq on Thursday, including a senior member of the Awakening movement, which consisted of former members of the al-Qaeda turned against the rebels and helped the Americans and Iraqis to fight them. Magda Mohsen

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/7/286780/
If its not on Iraqi Dinar Chat...It's probably crap!
admin
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Iraqi News & Misc Info