Follow us! Follow us!

URGENT British ambassador reveals efforts for US-British-Iranian talks on Iraq

From Reputable News Sources

Unread postby admin » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:05 am

2018/9/9 17:10

(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) British Ambassador in Baghdad, John Wilkes, revealed efforts to "American-British-Iranian" talks on Iraq.

"Like all diplomats, it is normal to react and condemn any acts of violence directed against diplomatic missions, as we have seen in Baghdad and Basra in recent days," Wilkes said in a statement.
"Diplomacy is an important way to avoid conflict and manage tensions, but it requires a safe space for diplomats to work and build common concepts based on international norms," ​​he said. "My team and I have regular contact with Iranian and American colleagues and we hope to use that communicationin The days ahead for sharing our reading of the realities of the present days away from propaganda and deceiving conspiracy theories. "
"The Iraqis must be assured that conspiracy theories about American or Iranian control of Iraq can not be taken seriously, especially when we see the leader of the Sadrist movement, Moqtada al-Sadr, and others winning the elections and playing a leading role in forming the government," Wilkes said.
"The approach to be taken by Iraqis in these difficult times is the national approach, building bridges between nationalities and sects, and standing with enough strength and confidence to deal with foreigners as potential partners, not as an inherent threat," he said.
The British ambassador expected that "the Iraqis will be assertive about their independence and sovereignty with me, and I welcome that because that is the best way for Iraq to get the best of its relations with its neighbors and with the powerful countries around the world. Iraq".
"Instead, I see a lot of countries in the world want to help Iraq build after victory over a preacher," he said. "We want an honest government that can make fun of it for the benefit of the Iraqi people, not for private or sometimes criminal interests."

alforatnews.com
If its not on Iraqi Dinar Chat...It's probably crap!
admin
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Iraqi Politics & Economy