Follow us! Follow us!

UN Rep heading to Kuwait today to discuss the promotion of Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations

From Reputable News Sources

UN Rep heading to Kuwait today to discuss the promotion of Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations

Unread postby Stillw8n » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 am

Announced that the UN mission in Iraq [UNAMI] that the Special Representative of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Martin Kobler on Wednesday will travel to Kuwait to visit on the Iraqi-Kuwaiti relations.

A statement from the [UNAMI] received by the agency and all of Iraq [where] that Kubler will visit Kuwait on 6 and 7 June where he will meet with senior Kuwaiti interlocutors in order to strengthen the positive relationship growing between Kuwait and Iraq.

The Kubler has last November in November a similar visit to Kuwait at the request of the Secretary-General of the United Nations to discuss solutions to the problems existing between the two countries.

According to a statement by [UNAMI] Kubler at the time that he met during the visit, Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah and senior officials to discuss strengthening bilateral relations shared between Iraq and Kuwait.

The Kubler, according to the statement, “I had the opportunity to discuss a range of vital issues of common interest between Kuwait and Iraq, I felt good intentions on both sides to move forward and to ensure good neighborly relations between the two countries, and this is what aspiring United Nations to achieve, and I look forward to working with both governments to this end.

alliraqnews.com
~The opinions expressed in the above article do not necessarily reflect the views of the person posting~
Stillw8n
Admin
Admin

Return to Iraqi Politics & Economy