Follow us! Follow us!

*Misc Gurus 9-17-2014

Rumors, Chats & Guru Predictions from other Dinar Sites. IDC does not necessarily agree with, or endorse any of these posts.

*Misc Gurus 9-17-2014

Unread postby Vixen » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

9-16-2014 *tman23 ~Article: "Baghdad-ruled bloc MP Salim Shawki, Tuesday, voting on the Security Ministers in the House of representatives today, noting that Chalabi is favourite to take over the Interior Ministry. He pointed out that "the Chalabi internal consensus depending on the components of the national coalition to assume this position, Chalabi". Rejected 2 candidates...Can anyone say Chalabi. If he can't be the PM he is going to get the Interior Minister. Abadi said during the Parliament session today "will not commitment to the timings in the presentation of candidates for security ministries will not give any name unless the agreement by political blocs."...This could be a long wait.

9-16-2014 *Stryker ~Parliament met today but the Defense
Minister and Interior Ministers did not receive enough votes so al-Abadi will present new candidates in Tuesdays [Thursday's?] Parliament Session.

9-16-2014 *BGG ~Article quote: "The Parliament session was postponed to next Thursday, while the National Alliance meetings will be held to reach consensus on the candidate of the Interior Minister to be voted next Thursday after agreeing on a candidate." ...Parliament rejected the two candidates Abadi had put forth...they did vote - the two put forth did not get enough votes (as understand it)...so I guess there won't be "an announcement" late Tues / early Wed. after all. [do they need the 2 ministers positions filled for the RV to happen?] I do not think so - however, as I have been saying...I suspect their focus is elsewhere for the moment.

9-16-2014 *tlm724 ~Article "Baki Moon: ready to support international coordination against Daash and Iraq and its neighbors in front of a historic opportunity to confront terrorism" Baki Moon: ready to support international coordination against Daash *hallelujah* Quote: "the United Nations is ready to support Iraq and the region through coordinated efforts of political, social and human and financial resources necessary to address the current crisis" thats what I have been waiting to see...the full support from the UN! it had to happen this way, the UN has the power to impose sanctions, provide funding and put a hurt on anyone who supports ISIS etc... it's critical in making a difference in this fight!

9-16-2014 *Mnt Goat ~this week Iraq needed to vote on the remaining 6 ministers that were placed as “proxy” ministers for the initial confirmation voting process by parliament last week. The House of Representatives ended its meeting held this afternoon after the non-approval (rejection) on candidates of the Ministries of Defense, Interior and Tourism as presented by Abadi. So 3 of the 6 ministers are still not permanently seated. Two of these are critical ministers for Iraq and must be seated. Parliament is scheduled to vote again on the replacement candidates in a couple days from now or next Thursday 9/18. We wait once again for the controversial Defense and Interior ministers along with the other couple ministers to be seated. After this is completed we will see what impact this has on the RV process. We are still being told they do plan to finally roll out the revalued rate to the international community at this time. We shall see. Parliament was supposed to do a first reading for the proposed contingent budget for the remaining of the year 2014. It too did not happen today since the budget was not yet forwarded from the GOI to parliament in time for the session. I am telling you again as I have said this many times already – we will not see any finality in this next budget until the RV is completed and they have a new international rate to their currency. There is also news from my contact that the CBI is working closely with the banks to train their personnel on upcoming exchange practices. Also the news media in Iraq broadcasting that the currency reform is imminent so we have to ask ourselves what is going on. Something big seems to be brewing and is just beyond the horizon.

9-16-20214 *Poppy3 ~the ministers are ready all but one at this place in time. As for any delay it is yet to be seen. If postponed yes it could delay a rate from showing on wed. as expected but still possible announcement at anytime because the seating is a fore gone conclusion at this point. I am still optimistic for this week. THE NEWS IS SOLID AND POSITIVE. AS I UNDERSTAND ONE OF THE PROPOSED MINISTERS IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO BALK AT ACCEPTING THE POSITION AND NOT BEING VOTED AGAINST AND AGAIN THIS SAYS THEY WILL GET THE SEATING DONE SO THE RATE CAN STILL HAPPEN AT A MOMENTS NOTICE.

9-16-2014 *Tlar ~As it has turned out, the Security Ministry has to be filled before the CBI can move forward. This was a last minute change. Our government thought they would do that last night and are very unhappy today. The phone lines have been burning up with calls to all; important Iraqi politicians. Iraq did turn down the deal to hold but it is obvious that nominating the Security Minister is going to take a little time in order to satisfy everyone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Thursday this issue will be put to bed and we can move on. The CBI is on hold until this issue is cleared up so to me it is the most important last step. It was our government who demanded the security minister be in place for the CBI to change monetary policy. The thinking was they don't want this dragged out like it was with Maliki so this is basically a last minute change in the plan and and it is our government using the carrot and stick to force Iraq to finish building the government in a inclusive way. Iraq is in a money crunch with all the promises the Abadi government has made to the Kurds concerning back pay and paying the funds denied since January of Kurdistans share of oil profits. Plus Abadi promised Barzini he would fund the Peshmerga. The Abadi government is at a stand still until this Security Minister is chosen and ratified. Nothing he has promised will come to pass until this gets done. The IMF is on board with the Obama administration in this matter so until then we are once again waiting. I am hopeful there will be no more changes if they can get this done, and Iraq gets the green light.

9-16-20214 *Poppy3 ~CBI CAN GO AT ANYTIME NOW PROVIDED ALL THE OTHER POLITICAL STUFF HAS BEEN MET AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE COMPLETED EVERY TASK THEY NEEDED SO LETS LET R RIP FROM HERE. THEY HAVE MADE TREMENDOUS PROGRESS DAILY FOR WEEKS NOW THUS I AM VERY ENCOURAGED AND I THINK [GURU] BGG AND ALL THE RESEARCHERS ARE ON A HIGH RIGHT NOW FOR THE SAME LEGITIMATE REASONS ALL IS GOOD.

9-16-2014 *Millionday ~[Do you think the budget will be in trillions of dinar or a reality rate and billions of dinar?] THE REPORTS I HAVE SEEN, IT IS IN THE BILLIONS.

9-16-2014 *TerryK ~I LIKE THE ARTICLE REGARDING THE VDN ...THAT THE BANKING SYSTEM IS THINKING 1 TO 1. THAT'S BETTER THAN .05.

9-16-2014 *tman23 ~They are preparing to RV...that is for certain...And I was told...The current CBI auctions are dealing with Banks in Basra...The reason for the low auctions numbers in the past was they where dealing with banks in smaller areas...They have been pulling from sectors...Basra is a boom area and it would make sense they would be the final step in pulling IQD from the markets.

9-16-2014 *Millionday ~A DELEGATION FROM THE UN AND THE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM SIGNED WITH IRAQ. LOOKS AS IF THE UN IS HAPPY WITH IRAQ AND READY FOR PROGRESS TO TAKE PLACE. SO THIS AGREEMENT OR SIGNING WITH THE UN DEVELOPMENT IS FOR THE BACKING OF 177 COUNTRIES AS THEY DEVELOP AND MOVE TO THE GLOBE -- IT HELPS RECOVERY FOR THE CITIZENS AND FOR THE NATION -- VERY IMPORTANT AND A HUGE HELPING HAND AS THEY MOVE TO THE GLOBE -- NOT A LITTLE THING -- A VERY HUGE THING. THEY ARE MOVING FORWARD WITH THE GLOBAL OIL ...AND THAT WILL TAKE IRAQ TO THE GLOBE.

9-17-2014 *TD ~Recently received comments from my Kurdish-GOI contact : (as always treat all as rumor): There are no new "live" rates and the only place whereby the initial (if any) change will be, is the CBI website, followed almost instantly in all countries simultaneously. Secondly, the word "imminent" is the most often used word during this long saga of the dinar investment...According to my source, there are no immediate plans for the Finance Committee to meet with the Abadi administration in the near term. It is this Committee that will entertain proposals of economic reform programs which includes the long awaited "deletion of the zeros" program previously discussed in the Maliki administration in concert with the CBI agenda. The CBI has renewed consultations with their Turkish counterparts as Abadi is in favor (I'm told) to pursue the Turkish model EVENTUALLY, which in all likelihood is at the end of the first quarter of 2015. And the big IF of that timeline remains the progress of the country's security situation. In addition, my source advises that the recent introduction of the 10K note (with enhanced security features) is to make sure that ISIS doesn't go on a huge counterfeit production spree as well as the integration/exchange into the controlled areas of Iraq. He indicates that introducing these notes should yield a STRONG CLUE to everyone that at least for the near future there are no other plans of currency reform to enact.

9-17-2014 *Enorrste ~Article: "Dr. Ahmed Ali Abrihi *: the exchange rate and inflation in the years of siege" The nominal and real exchange rate of the dinar were artificially dropped by the UN at the time of the siege. In other words, inflation had nothing to do with the fall in the value of the dinar in 2003. The CBI has kept a check on inflation ever since that time better than almost any other country in the world. ...whenever we see the word "inflation" used in Iraqi articles it must not be confused with our own understanding of that word. The articles refer to the falling of the value of the dinar due to the UN/US action in 2004 when they use the term "inflation." This is not what we mean by inflation. It is true that the value of the dinar is now artificially low, but that is not due to too much currency chasing too few goods. Instead, it was a deliberate effort made on the part of the allies to "defund" Al-Quaeda from 2004 forward. It is our view that this will be rectified when the float is initiated. When that happens Iraq will experience deflation, meaning the same dinar will buy more and more as time goes by. Someone emailed me recently and said that Iraq is bankrupt! Hogwash! They are running a deficit because they have not increased or even produced a 2014 budget. Iraq has plenty of money. They are, after all, the 2nd largest producer of oil in the world. That hardly constitutes being "bankrupt".

9-17-2014 *Poppy3 ~ANYTIME SOMEONE STARTS OUT WITH THE GCR HAS STARTED THEY DON'T KNOW SQUAT ABOUT THE RV. CHRISTINE LAGARDE HERSELF ANNOUNCED ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO THERE WOULD NOT BE SUCH A EVENT. SHE SAID YES THERE WILL AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN GLOBAL CHANGES AND MANY ARE EXPECTED AS ALWAYS BUT THEY WILL BE CARRIED OUT OVER A 3 TO 5 YEAR GRADUAL CHANGE AS ALWAYS NOT IN LARGE GROUPS OF CURRENCIES .

9-17-2014 *EXOGEN ~ MOST IN IQD LAND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON AND ALL THEY LOOK FOR AND HEAR...IS RV EVERYDAY AND GLOBAL POLITICS DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT. TO PUT THIS WHOLE THING INTO A SIMPLE EQUATION HCL + GOI = RV. KURDS AGREED TO IMPLEMENT HCL YESTERDAY. [If they agreed to implement the HCL then it has already passed.] CORRECT. THE REASON THE HCL IS SO IMPORTANT IS IT MEANS THE KURDS ARE HAPPY. IF WE DO NOT SEE THIS IN THE COMING DAYS THERE IS SOMETHING VERY SINISTER AT PLAY.

9-17-2014 *Millionday ~THE NATIONAL ALLIANCE HAS DECIDED ON WHO THEY WANT FOR THE VOTE FOR INTERIOR MINISTER -- HUGE COMPARED TO THE YEARS WE HAVE WAITED FOR THE POSITION. THE PRIME MINISTER IS TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY SO THAT HE MAY BE ABLE TO WORK WITH ALL PARTIES WITH SO MUCH NEEDING DONE -- THEY HAVE AGREED ON SOME OF THE NAMES HE HAS SO THAT WOULD BE THE BEST ROUTE TO TAKE SO THEY CAN WORK TOGETHER AND ALL FEEL AS THOUGH THEY ARE HEARD. THURSDAY WE WILL SEE A MEETING WITH PARLIAMENT AND SHOULD SHOW A VOTE OF THE MINISTERS LEFT TO PLACE.

9-17-2014 *Delta & Nova ~[I sure did not expect to hear that close to 100 laws needed to be passed before we see an international rate.] THE LAWS THAT THEY NEED TO PASS ARE FOR THE GOV OF IRAQ ...NOT FOR CBI!! Article quote: THIS ARTICLE IS FROM MAY: "the Central Bank will proceed without hesitation applied the project raise zeros from the local currency be stable political and economic situation of the country." YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE LAWS WITH OUT RATE AND ARTICLE 8. There's probably a good chance that laws awaiting activation are buried in with the budget!
Vixen
Site Owner
Site Owner

Return to Misc Dinar Guru's